Enjoy a beautiful day in the country while shopping for antique, vintage, shabby chic and handmade treasures.

Our next Barn Market will be Friday, May 19, 2017, 1:00-8:00 PM and Saturday, May 20, 9:00-3:00
5602 E. CR 100 N., Seymour, Indiana

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Sign, Sign, Everywhere A Sign

These:

have been in my garage for years.  My women's group has participated in our town's Oktoberfest from the very beginning (sometime in the 70's -- maybe 74?) and many times, our cute booth won an award:  one of these lovely signs, plus a monetary gift for the next year's application fee.

When we closed our thrift shop (which we had operated for over 40 years in 3 different locations), these signs (and several more), plus years of scrapbooks, treasurer books, secretary notes and other memorabilia, ended up in my garage.  I've finally culled it down to the scrapbooks and a few other pieces, but just didn't know what to do with the signs -- no one wanted them in their garages, either!

Light bulb moment!  I flipped them over, painted them and used my handy Cricut and some Annie Sloane paint to make signs for our barns:


Check one more task off for June!  

And, because my work area was already a mess, and because I had an extra sign I had already painted black, I made a special one for Jenny's garden/potting bin: 

So true.

Georgie

No comments:

Post a Comment